Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Heidi's Pillows

I am so excited that Heidi's bed set is complete! I am saving the quilt to show for the Blogger's Quilt Festival in a few days. But I wanted to share the pillows that I made for her bedding set.
 This pillow FREE pillow pattern is from a wonderful Australia designer at the Don't Look Now blog. They have wonderful applique quilt patterns. I've been dying to try the pillow and I'm just tickled with how it worked out.
This pillow I just used four squares and then added a couple of applique flowers from the above pattern. Then I covered two buttons and put them on either side.
I combined two fabrics for this pillow and added some jumbo ric rac trim and a pretty little embroidered accent. All the pillows are backed with aqua minky like the quilt.
The pièce de résistance is a cute little personalized pillow with her name. I got this pattern from The Polkadot Chair blog.
 I'll be delivering the set this weekend and hope Heidi will love it. It has been a labor of love for sure :). 

7 comments:

Joseph and Katie said...

ELLIE! Oh My Gosh! I am sooooo excited! These pillows far exceed what I had in mind! Can I just say that they are the most darling pillows ever! I LOVE what you have done! You are so good and so talented. I mean that! Heidi is going to love these pillows. (I am not sure I want any little grubby hands to even touch them! HA! HA!) I can't wait for her to see them. THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Now I think I need to get her a new bed to match the darling quilt and pillows..... ;)

Unknown said...

So... cute!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Absolutely stunning! Heidi is a very lucky girl

Billie

Kimara said...

These are seriously cute! I love the colors. Heidi has to be one happy girl :)

Phares said...

Super cute! If they get tired of it (highly unlikely) my daughter's name is Heidi!!

Phares said...

Reposted @:
http://pharescausey.blogspot.com/2011/02/craft-sew-create-heidis-pillows.html

Anonymous said...

it so beautiful ellie..u done a great job..i wish i can do it too..how to learn to do this stuff?

Rose

Related Posts with Thumbnails